Keep Business Booming This Summer
Some businesses naturally reap sales during the summer, while others run into challenges when it comes to driving new revenue. Whether it’s a busy or quiet time for your business, here are some easy promo ideas you can do to take advantage of the summer lull.
- Partner with local businesses to get referrals by leaving offer cards or brochures their customers can take and use.
- Stay top of mind by hosting special events – hold a contest in store or online, host a barbecue, or do weekly prize drawings to keep local consumers engaged. Cross-promote your event with email, social media, posters, handouts and plenty of mailers to drive participation.
- Drum up sales by mailing early bird specials on off-season products or triple up rewards points for specific product buys.
- Mail newsletters that incorporate summer themes and information that is relevant to your customers – provide summer savings offers, but mix it up with useful, engaging content such as summer safety, food and drink recipes or travel tips.
- Heat up your online sales with bag inserts or mailers that drive customers to purchase exclusive web-only deals.
- Use the downtime to freshen up old business collateral so you’re ahead of the competition and ready for the busy fall and winter buying seasons.
While your competitors take a vacation from marketing, ramp up your efforts and score more than your share of summer business!
By Wendy Batara, Marketing Program Manager, Modern Postcard
Call a Direct Marketing Specialist at 800.959.8365.