Maximize Revenue From Every Buyer: Thank You notes that up-sell
Turn one-time customers into lifetime business opportunities.
More than 30% of people can be up-sold at the time of purchase. A great up-selling/cross-selling tool: “Thank You” notes – and they work whether sent via email or direct mail. They also turn leads and one-time customers into lifetime business buyers. Here’s how to put them to work to get more from b2b and b2c buyers.
Send right away. The perfect time to send a “Thank You” note: right after a customer’s initiated an interaction – like making a purchase or signing up for an email list. At the bottom, consider adding an offer for a new item – or opportunities to learn more about your business.
Convert b2b. Great things to include on b2b “Thank You” notes:
- Downloads (white papers, research reports)
- News (press releases, awards)
- Subscriptions to e-newsletters
- Testimonials or successful case studies, and
- Anything else that helps them get to know the company better
Convert b2c. Great things to add to b2c notes:
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Tell-a-Friend links
- Downloads (catalogs), and
- Incentives (coupons, customer loyalty program)
Answer questions. To get buyers to save “Thank You” notes so they return to them later, try adding answers to these questions:
- When will the order arrive?
- How can I track the order?
- Who do I call if I have a problem?
Reprinted with permission from The Marketing Report, 370 Technology Drive, Malvern, PA 19355, 800-220-5000