Last updated: 6/13/2023
- Processing Activities Covered
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals
- Children’s Privacy
- Change of Control
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- International Transfers of Data
- Policy Updates
- Contact Information
- Privacy Rights & Additional Disclosures for Certain U.S. Residents
1. Processing Activities Covered
- Visit our branded social media pages;
- Receive communications from us, including, direct mail postcards, emails, phone calls, chats, texts or faxes; or
- Apply for employment opportunities with us.
Third Party Links and Websites. Our Sites may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
2. Information We Collect
Information You Give Us. You may give us information by signing up for an online account, entering information through our online forms or surveys, inputting information while using our services, contacting us through our chat service, or contacting us by phone or email for information or customer service.
The categories of information include:
- Identifiers, such as real name, postal address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Categories of personal information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, such as name, address, telephone number, employment, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- Employment-related information.
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of information.
The categories of sensitive information include:
- Account log-in, in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to the account.
Information We Automatically Collect. Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Sites.
This includes log data, such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Sites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics, and whether you reached our page via a social media or email campaign. This information may be collected via several technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs, canvas fingerprinting and other means, such as Google Remarketing and Facebook Pixel. You can control cookies in your browser to enable or disable them.
Information We Collect From Third Parties. If you access our Sites through third parties (e.g., Facebook or Google), or if you share content from our Sites to a third-party social media service, the third-party service will send us certain information about you if the third-party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third-party service.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services on our Sites, which includes:
- maintaining and servicing accounts,
- providing customer service,
- processing and fulfilling orders and transactions,
- verifying customer information,
- processing payments, and
- providing advertising or marketing services to you.
- To provide analytic services, such as analyzing customer usage and improving services offered.
- To conduct market research and project planning.
- To detect security incidents, protect against fraudulent or other criminal activity, debug and repair errors, and maintain the overall quality and safety of our Sites.
- To share your website visitor activity, through website cookies, with third-party marketing partners to market our services on our Sites and other websites that you may visit.
- To fulfill our legal and financial obligations.
- To provide you with employment opportunities.
Marketing: We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any email we send, or you can contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below. You will still continue to receive service-related messages concerning products and services you have purchased (unless we have indicated otherwise).
5. How We Respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
7. Children’s Privacy
8. Change of Control
Personal information may be transferred to a third party because of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization, or other change in control. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of the business, part of the sale may include your personal information.
9. Data Security
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Authorized employees, agents, or partners of Modern Postcard will have access to personal information only as needed to fulfill their job requirements. All information transmitted through Modern Postcard is encrypted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, with the exception of our “Submit Materials” upload system. A secure link is available upon request.
However, no website, application, or transmission can guarantee security. Thus, while we have established and maintain what we believe to be appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information obtained through the Sites, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
10. Data Retention
11. International Transfers of Data
Any data that you provide to us may be accessed, shared, or processed by our offices, located in the United States, and service providers located in the United States, if such data transfer is necessary for the specific purpose for which you submitted your data (such as the provision of goods or services under a written contract). This may entail a transfer of your personal information across international borders. The data protection standards may differ and be lower than the standards enforced in your jurisdiction. We maintain appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law for any personal information transferred internationally.
12. Policy Updates
13. Contact Information
1675 Faraday Avenue
Carlsbad CA 92008
14. Privacy Rights & Additional Disclosures for Certain U.S. Residents
Several jurisdictions grant state residents data rights and disclosures. We provide the following information to further help you understand your potential privacy rights. If you would like to exercise any right or inquire as to whether such rights are available to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-959-8365.
Request for Information or Deletion. Residents of certain U.S. states have the right to know whether we are processing your personal information, and in some instances, you have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories listed below for the preceding 12 months. We have the right to request verification of your identity for all requests for information. In responding to this right, we shall provide to you:
- The categories of personal information we collect about you.
- The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting, selling, sharing, or disclosing your personal information, and the categories of personal information disclosed for such purpose(s).
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- The categories of personal information we have sold, if any, about you and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, you may have the right to request we delete your personal information.
Request for Correction. Residents of certain U.S. states have the right to request the correction or rectification of inaccurate information in the resident’s personal information.
Request for Portable Data. Residents of certain U.S. states have the right to receive, in certain circumstances, a portable format of their personal information that allows the data to be transmitted to another entity.
Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Residents of certain U.S. states have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of the consumer’s personal information. We do not sell your personal information. However, we may use your personal information to provide personalized or targeted advertising. In such circumstances, you may have the right to direct us not to share your personal information for such purposes. If you wish to opt out of this sharing of your personal information for personalized or targeted advertising, please visit this webpage: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
Limiting the Use of Sensitive Personal Information. Residents of California have the right to direct us to use or disclose sensitive personal information only for providing goods or services, or as otherwise minimally permitted under applicable law. However, we do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for any purpose other than providing our goods and services to you, or as otherwise minimally permitted under applicable law.
Third Party Marketing. If you are one of our customers, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section.
Automated Processing & Profiling. Residents of certain U.S. states have the right to opt out of the processing of personal information for purposes of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning a consumer.
Right to Equal Service & Price. You have the right to receive equal service and price, even if you exercise a privacy right.
Verification Process for Exercising Rights. To protect our consumers’ privacy, we verify privacy rights requests to ensure that only you (or your authorized agent) can exercise rights pertaining to your personal information. As part of our verification process, we may request you to submit additional information.
Appeal Process. If we do not decide to act in response to your request to exercise a right, we will provide a timely response detailing the reasons for not taking the action and, depending on your jurisdiction, any rights that you may have to appeal our decision.