Attention-Grabbing Subject Lines and Content
Email copy that gets opened, read, and acted on.
Some buyers may prefer email, but giving them great information won’t guarantee messages get opened. Creating appealing messages that jump off the screen will.
Work the headline
The fastest ways to grab buyers’ attention with the subject line:
- Limit it to seven words or fewer
- Compliment customers
- Use specific numbers and/or figures
- Stick with punchy, short and common words
Example: “Spend Smart: Cut Materials Costs 17% Today”
Keep their attention
To keep customers reading copy:
- Limit paragraphs to two sentences or fewer
- Mention buyer benefits first
- Control copy so customers don’t have to scroll to read more
- Use bullet points to keep info short and concise, and to make it stand out
Reprinted with permission from The Marketing Report, 370 Technology Drive, Malvern, PA 19355, 800-220-5000.