Got 2 Minutes? We’ve Got 14 Tactics Proven To Pump Up Response Today
No matter the market, these elements grab prospects
What grabs today’s prospects and gets them to respond? Here are 14 proven techniques to boosting response that David Avrick, president of Avrick Direct, Inc., presented at this year’s DM Days Conference & Expo in New York.
Incorporate these concepts
- The word you want to use is “you.” Stay away from first-person singular – “I,” “we,” “us.”
- Don’t save the best for last. State the primary benefit right away.
- People don’t care about features; they care about how they’ll benefit from them.
- Say “lose 30 pounds in 30 days,” don’t start with a story about how great they’ll look.
- “Free” is the magic word. Create something that’s free – but don’t make it a conditional free, like “buy 12 ounces, get 4 ounces free.”
- Have a call-to-action. Posting a 1-800 number isn’t the same as saying, “Call today while the color you want is still in stock.”
- If your product works like you say it does, why doesn’t the prospect have a guarantee from you?
- Create a situation where the buyer is absolutely not at risk.
- In 25 years, I’ve never done a mailing with a sweepstakes that was out pulled by the same offer without a sweepstakes.
- Convert “subscription” offers into “membership” offers – they’ll renew 10% better. People would rather join than subscribe.
- The bigger the mail piece the better it’ll perform.
- Unique formats (pop-ups, rub-offs, pull tabs, etc.) always work.
- Offer installment payments. You’ll see a 15% lift if the product sells for $15 more.
- If you’re mailing first class, don’t keep it a secret. Be sure the mailer is clearly printed “First Class.”
Reprinted with permission from
The Marketing Report
370 Technology Drive
Malvern, PA 19355