Deadlines for Your Last-Minute Holiday Campaign – December 2016
Dear Holiday Marketing Procrastinators,
We understand that not everyone plans ahead. So, please hear our message of hope. Even if you have entered December with no plan, you can still pull together a successful campaign as long as you have a concept, move swiftly, and follow our recommended steps and production timelines.
Your Partner in Marketing,
1. Get familiar with these important December deadlines
If you’re mailing flat cards and aiming to reach mailboxes prior to Christmas:
- Submit your order and materials on December 12 and opt for our Express turnaround time*
- Approve by December 13
- Mail with First Class postage
If you’d like your flat cards shipped and delivered to you prior to Christmas:
- Submit your order and materials on December 20 and opt for our Express turnaround time*
- Approve by December 21
- Ship via UPS® overnight
*Additional fees apply for turnaround time upgrades. Color proofs, folded products, booklets, inserting products into envelopes, specialty products or changes to your layout will require additional time.
2. Consider these ready-to-use campaign ideas
- Send a holiday greeting thanking your customers and reinforcing your brand
- Launch an end-of-year sales promotion with a competitive offer or discount
- Invite customers and prospects to a holiday open house, dinner or celebration
- Promote a special charity or cause your business supports
- Showcase teasers of new products or services to come in 2017
3. Make a back-up plan for your back-up plan
Are you too far into December and can’t make any of these deadlines? No problem. You can simply rethink your messaging and offers to promote late December and early January happenings. Ring in the New Year with a post-Christmas sale or build your brand with a simple “Happy New Year” greeting. The sooner you start promoting, the more momentum you can gain as we move into 2017.
By Modern Postcard
Call a Direct Marketing Specialist at 800.959.8365.