A Love Affair with Quality: Meet Modern’s Digital Imaging Department
With over 75 years of combined experience, Modern’s Digital Imaging Department is one of many instrumental components to our production process. This team of image perfectionists is invested in making both your marketing pieces and your business look their absolute best. They collaborate daily with our pressmen to ensure complex edits will reproduce the way they should, and everyone on the team has been tested for superior color vision based on the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test. Digital imaging services can mean the difference between a good reproduction of a client’s image and an extraordinary one. No matter how large or small, every order is reviewed by our digital imaging team to ensure it will reproduce at the highest quality. Let’s take a look at the services provided – from simple to complex – along with before and after examples. Courtesy Adjustments This complimentary service is provided as part of Modern’s production process to create the best outcome for every job. Basic image touch ups are made at the discretion of our artists to ensure that images will print at the best quality possible. Examples include:
- Minor color adjustments and enhancements
- Adjusting sharpness and contrast to bring objects into better view
- Balancing oversaturation, reducing blur and removing red eye
Particulars in color matching, image manipulation and quality reproduction are top priority for some clients. When it is, our digital imaging team is brought in for client consultations. By listening to what the client wants and understanding their desired outcome, artists will offer solutions that create more visual impact and transform images from ho-hum to WOW!
Client-requested image editing goes beyond a simple courtesy clean up. This level of paid service can take anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days depending on client instructions and desired outcome, print formats and the number of images to be edited. Examples include:
- Removing or adding visual elements without signs of manipulation
- Changing the perspective of an image, such as straightening a leaning building
- Headshot makeovers to include blemish removal and complexion toning for a polished look
- Color matching, adjustments or enhancements to multiple images such as photographed artwork for a gallery booklet or multi-product retail catalog
- Printed color proofs for you to see how your project will look before it goes to print
When you partner with Modern Postcard, you’re not only getting quality-crafted printing and direct mail services, you’re getting a team of digital image gurus who work hard to make your marketing look as spectacular as possible.
Call a Direct Marketing Specialist at 800.959.8365.