Ramp Up Response, ROI on Every Email Sent
Odds are some prospects and existing customers don’t open or respond to your email. These dormant customers are a gold mine of leads and sales – if you can get them to re-engage. How can you draw these inactive buyers back into the fold?
Strategies that boost revenue
- Send special offers tailored to meet the needs of the group, such as free shipping, ideas to improve their company’s performance or research reports.
- Survey dormant customers or invite them to update their profile. This will uncover whether their needs have changed. And although response may be low, it’ll provide insights into why some aren’t responding.
- Re-send login info to buyers like their username and password. It’s easy to misplace that info, and busy customers don’t have time to track it down – perhaps the reason you haven’t heard from them.
- Test different times/days. If you email according to a set schedule, try mailing dormant customers at different times. Start with the date and time they originally contacted your company. This has been proven to be the most effective time to reach customers, recent research shows.
- Switch the frequency. The number one reason customers ignore or delete email is because it comes too often. Even the most engaged customers will only want to hear from you once, maybe twice, every couple of weeks.
- Mail a postcard to dormant prospects and customers. Consider an incentive if they update their email preferences or fill out a survey.
Reprinted with permission from The Marketing Report, 370 Technology Drive, Malvern, PA 19355, 800-220-5000.
Call a Direct Marketing Specialist at 800.959.8365.