Modern’s Last-Chance Print, Mail and Ship Deadlines for Your 2018 Holiday Marketing
Once Thanksgiving passes, it feels like the holiday countdown starts rolling along like an out-of-control snowball. And soon, many businesses are in a flurry to get their eleventh-hour marketing promotions prepped and scheduled for launch. If this scenario sounds familiar to you, Modern Postcard has a message of hope.There are still a few remaining options to promote your business during the busy spending season, as long as you move quickly and follow our recommended ideas and production guidelines below.
First, let’s address today’s most urgent deadline. If you need to get your flat postcard campaign printed and mailed to your audience prior to Christmas (December 25), stop everything you’re doing and give our team a call right now: 800-959-8365. Today, December 11, is your last day to submit your order and materials to ensure your holiday direct mail pieces land in mailboxes on time. If you are simply looking to print your flat card order and have it shipped to your business or home, you have until December 17 to submit materials. See the full schedule and details below.
MODERN POSTCARD’S FINAL DECEMBER DEADLINES FOR HOLIDAY CAMPAIGNS
If you’re mailing flat cards and aiming to reach mailboxes prior to Christmas:
- Submit your order and materials on December 11 and opt for our Express turnaround time*
- Approve by 11am on December 12
- Mail with USPS® First Class postage (3-5 business days for delivery)
If you’d like your flat cards shipped and delivered to you prior to Christmas:
- Submit your order and materials on December 17 and opt for our Express turnaround time*
- Approve by December 18
- Ship via UPS® overnight**
*Additional fees apply for turnaround time upgrades. Color proofs, folded products, booklets, inserting products into envelopes, specialty products or changes to your layout will require additional time. **Print and ship order dates are calculated based off UPS Ground – 5 day transit time.
Know what print formats are realistic for rushed campaigns:
Postcards and flat cards of all sizes are perfection for a fast turnaround project. Boasting a 100% open rate, this functional format also allows your images, content and seasonal offers to be front and center. If you’re trying to print a complex mail piece or product catalog at the last minute, it’s not realistic. Instead, schedule these larger project ideas for a January launch to ignite sales in the new year.
Consider marketing to Super Saturday shoppers (December 22, 2018):
Did you know that more consumers plan to shop on Super Saturday in December (otherwise known as the last Saturday before Christmas), rather than on Black Friday or Cyber Monday in late-November? If you’re a self-proclaimed holiday marketing procrastinator, this news could work to your advantage. Don’t ease up on your holiday marketing efforts until after the new year. Instead, lean into the finish line for your best results with these tips.
- Try a Sumo Size® self-mailer – it’s the largest postcard size that still mails at a letter rate! At this point in the game, we recommend sending this piece First Class to maintain more control of the in-home date.
- Since time is of the essence, offer a flat discount with a short-fused timeline. This type of offer should light a fire under your audience to get their last-minute purchases made asap.
- Drive home the fact that it’s not too late to complete your holiday shopping and save big while doing so. Phrases like “hurry, last chance, don’t miss out” paired with the expiration date can also help create a sense of urgency.
- Create and launch an email campaign that supplements your existing direct mail program and promotes your last-chance offers and expiration dates.
Try one of these other ready-to-use campaign ideas:
- Send a holiday greeting thanking your customers and reinforcing your brand
- Invite customers and prospects to a holiday open house, dinner or celebration
- Promote a special charity or cause your business supports
- Showcase teasers of new products or services to come in 2019
Make a back-up plan for your back-up plan
Are you overwhelmed this December and can’t make any of these deadlines? No problem. You can simply rethink your messaging and offers to promote late December and early January happenings. Ring in the New Year with a post-Christmas sale or build your brand with a simple “Happy New Year” greeting. The sooner you start promoting, the more momentum you can gain as we move into 2019.
Modern is here to help your brand stand out with successful print promotions and direct mail campaigns.
Call a Direct Marketing Specialist at 800.959.8365.